Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Busy Week

Wow. So much has been going on. Greg and I decided that since David had an upcoming "big two" birthday, he was ready to get a big boy toddler bed and move out of the crib. We shopped around and found a cute one at IKEA. It has been a HUGE challenge getting that kid to stay in his bed. We put it together four or five days before his birthday and have been trying to train him to stay in bed. He doesn't fall asleep til 10:30 or 11:00 because he won't stay in bed and we have to keep going into his room to put him back. I guess I deserve having a hard time with this one since my other two were practically perfect from the first day with staying in their beds after we took them out of the crib. David has been so naughty. On a side note, he's also turned into quite the little nudist. I find him SEVERAL times a day stark naked. He is clever enough to figure out how any outfit comes off. As well as his diaper. At my sister's brilliant suggestion we cut a pair of feetie jammies off at the ankle and zip him into them backwards with the zipper in back. It was worth ruining a pair of pajamas. He can't get out of them. We do that at night time now. Anyway, we also decided that since Andrew was the oldest he could move into his own room and we would put David and Nathan together. So we un-bunked the bunk beds and moved Andrew into David's old nursery. The previous owners of our house had painted quite the mural on the wall of that room. Andrew did not want it at all for his new room, so I agreed to paint over it. I didn't love it either. It's just not my style to have pictures all over the rooms of my house. Every bedroom of the house has some sort of painting on it. So we've been slowly painting over them. I will admit, I do like the huge Thomas the Train that is on Nathan's and David's bedroom wall. That one I can tolerate. But I got busy painting Andrew's new room. It needed several coats of primer to cover it completely. Then I painted it the same green that I had left over from the living room. Waste not, want not.
David's birthday fell on the older boys' last day of school. Greg had to work late, so we celebrated the day before. We had a dinosaur cake and just a quiet family party. His new bed was one of his presents. We also got a new bike for mommy and a baby seat to go on the back. I love that I got a new bike on his birthday just so we could install a child seat for him on the back. Bonus for me! We've had lots of fun riding it so far.
Andrew's last day of school was today and it was a neat experience. The principal of his school is going to a different school next fall and the whole school gathered outside after school to cheer him and wish him well. It was neat. He's a great guy and we'll miss him.
Nathan also graduated from preschool today. He's had so much fun at Miss Heather's Preschool. It has been so great for him. He's really come out of his little shy shell and it developing socially and academically. It was an adorable graduation ceremony and we're so proud of him!
We're off to Idaho for Memorial weekend and to officially start our summer vacation. It was a great year for both boys in school and now I have to come up with things to keep them busy so we don't sit around all summer. Suggestions welcome.

You can tell that Andrew is super excited about helping hold up the bike so I could take a picture.




Nathan and his Miss Heather

Diploma!

Buddies Nathan and Spencer

Andrew's new room "before."


Andrew's new room "after"

New toddler bed

2 comments:

Tara said...

Wow, that does sound busy! David is a cutie - trying to find a way to cool off and chill in his 'skins' - but dang mommy made it impossible at night :)

I'd say stop on your way back and see us but depending on when you drive back from Burley we may not be home. If it is Tuesday or later, we'll be home!

Niels and I made Gage grow up all at once and moved him right into a bed (no toddler bed). He learned really quickly to sleep right in the middle else he'd fall off. Eek!

Parkside View said...

Man, you've had a lot to do lately! You totally deserve that AWESOME bike!

Did I tell you that Garrett climbs out of his crib for several weeks now (the little rascal)? So we've been dealing with crazy bedtimes, too.

Have a great vacation!