Friday, October 1, 2010

Kindergarten Invades Pumpkin Land

Today was a fun today. I volunteered to go with the Kindergarten on their field trip to Pumpkin Land. I was given a group of 3 other kids, plus my own Nathan, to be in charge of. We got our group organized and headed straight to the corn maze. It didn't look too huge from the outside of it, but it sure took us a long time to find our way out. It was super tricky inside and they made the exit really hard to find. Long before we finally got out, the kids were begging to cheat and cut through the stalks and just get out any way they could, but I made them stick with it. There was a small animal zoo with bunnies, goats, roosters, peacocks, and turkeys. Then over to the play ground for some energy release, then back to pick out a pumpkin to take home. Pretty fun field trip for a bunch of 5 year olds.

Nathan with his buddies from school. Do you see that he's like a full head taller than everyone else? He's gonna be huge!




2 comments:

Parkside View said...

Too funny. The first thing Spencer told me about the trip was that they got lost in the maze and had to cheat to get out. They had a great time, I think.

Lindy said...

Go you. Mazes are fun for a while, until you are ready to get out. I think we are going to one tomorrow. Only half looking forward to it! Nathan is super tall! Almost like a Yearsley instead of a Wilding. I didn't know you did decorative painting--cute. Good job.