Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Ribbons? Pink? Doing hair?


Yes, we are having a little girl...! I really am thrilled, but after having 3 boys in a row, I find myself a little out of my element. My mom was never one for super girly-girl tendencies and I was not raised like that. So I have nothing to draw experience from. That being said, I truly am excited for a little baby girl and all that I will learn with this new adventure. My due date is Aug 14. But with a scheduled C, I will likely be a week or so earlier. I really had mentally prepared myself for another boy, so when the ultrasound man pronounced this one a girl, I was a little tongue tied for a moment. And he seems to be completely sure. He said he's never once been wrong in 25 years and that I was NOT going to be his first.
But we've had a wrong ultrasound before with our second son. So....

Anyway, that's my news and I'm feeling pretty good right now. Occasional nausea, but much better than it was.

6 comments:

Tara said...

So awesome! Congratulations! If the guy is wrong... I say you kick him in the shin! I'm not girly either... but I know you'll do well. Can't go wrong with pink, purple, bows, fuzzies, etc :)

Very glad to hear you're feeling better. I'm nearing that point... so will need to connect with you for our girls' night out.

Are the boys excited or freaked out? :)

Joy said...

So exciting! Just saw it on FB too. That explains why you were so sick-- I've heard it's worse when it's a girl. You'll love having a girl, for sure! In general, they are much sweeter & more tame than boys. I didn't think I'd know what to do with a girl either, but once you see all the pretty dresses out there, it's very fun! I don't even know how to do hair... I just put Charlotte's in a ponytail to keep it out of her face & call it good.

Parkside View said...

I found a great way to make flower hair accessories interchangeable on clips and headbands. We should have a hair bow making party!

Amber said...

Woo hoo!!!!I'm so exited for you and a bit jealous. But I know what you mea. I do my hair the same everyday.

The Morris Family said...

Congradulations!That is very exciting.

CJ said...

Yippee! I'm glad you get to join in the fun that is little girls. I'm so excited for you, and glad that you are starting to feel better.