Friday, April 6, 2012

Untitled Post

We attended a very chilly BYU baseball game last night. Each Spring I gear up for the start of baseball season. I learned early on in our marriage that Greg was a fanatic about baseball. Football season is a close second and basketball season is something to do while we wait for baseball to roll around again. But it's fun and our boys love to go with their Dad to games. And the evening was made all the better by Cosmo coming to see us and give hugs. Seriously, you'd think it was Christmas morning how excited the boys were to see him and hug him.







And honestly, isn't she the prettiest little creature in the world? Yes, I'm a bragging mother about my beautiful little girl. But man! She's precious.

David came to me one day a couple weeks ago and said "I put a bead in my nose." He was quite calm and matter of fact about it. I said "Oh you did? Let's see." And sure enough I could see a bright neon green bead (which was actually a very tiny BB for a gun) right up in his nostril. I thought it would be a cinch to get out since I could see it. Unfortunately David has no idea how to blow his nose, so when I asked him to blow into a tissue, he sniffed as hard as he possibly could, rocketing it up into his sinuses. Not knowing quite what to do, we decided professional help was needed. It being a Saturday, InstaCare was our only option. So after dumping the older boys at the neighbor's house, we went and got the little BB extracted. The doctor came in to the exam room and the first thing he said was "You must be three, right?" Apparently three year olds are the most common age for inserting things into noses and ears. David did so well to hold still and let the nurse and doctor get the bead out. It was pretty high up in the nose, but he found it and got it out. David sat silently in the chair, but had little tears rolling down his cheeks. I snapped a picture right as the doctor pulled the bead out. You can see the little green bead in the last picture.




Hopefully we learned our lesson and won't be putting things up there again.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Ha! We've totally done the bead up the nose routine! My mom was the surgeon, though--saved us a trip to the doctor. So funny, (but I know it's not funny at the time).