Monday, October 5, 2009

Sick, Sick, Sick

Without fail I get sick every year just as the season turns to Autumn. And it seems to stay with me for weeks. Just a yuck cold that never goes away. Very annoying.
David my 16 month old has this completely bizarre rash over his entire body. It started out as a few red spots, then grew to huge patches, then finally covering most of his body. I took him to the instacare clinic because it was a weekend and his pediatrician was closed. The doc there told me it was probably some virus and he couldn't do anything for me. So today I'm taking him to his pediatrician and see what he says. It doesn't seem to both him much. He doesn't scratch at it. He's not acting grumpy or sick. He's just his normal happy self but with an ugly red rash covering him head to toe. No fever, either. Very strange.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Sorry to hear you're sick. Hope it goes away lickety split. Gage got a similar rash in February. Strange. He looked absolutely awful - cherry red - but it went away in a few days without special treatment. Hoping David's is the same.

Parkside View said...

I remembered reading a blog post about a friends daughter who wound up with a rash. You can read about her experience here:

http://www.ericasbloggityblog.com/2009/02/bring-it-on.html

I don't know if that is what David has, too, but it sounds simillar.

Get well soon!