Wednesday, January 13, 2010

January Doldrums

There is always a let down after Christmas. It's a return to routines, school, getting to bed on time, etc. My kids have sure felt it, and so have I. So we've been trying to keep things positive and find things to be grateful about.
Here is my list:
1. I have a beautiful family with healthy, happy children.
2. I have a beautiful home that keeps me warm and safe.
3. I have a baby boy (not really a baby anymore) who still makes me get tears in
my eyes when he pats my face and hugs my neck.
4. I have a testimony of my Savior, Jesus Christ.
5. Greg has a stable job in an unstable economy.
6. My mom and I talk on the phone almost every day.
7. I found my favorite oranges at the grocery store. (Cara Cara or
"blood" oranges).
8. I've never had a cavity in my life.
9. Greg let me see (and paid for) "Wicked" four times. 3 times in LA and 1 in Salt Lake.
10. Andrew still calls me "mommy" and kisses me goodnight.


David's crown he got from Nursery that day. So cute.



Didn't appreciate being put up on the bookshelf by his favorite Uncle.



Uncle Paul got the boys their own dinosaur lamps for their rooms. They were a BEAST to put together. But really fun.



This boy loves his "bear bear." (or beh beh)




Don't leave a bag of malt-o-meal cereal within reach of this kid.

7 comments:

Tara said...

I'm with ya - feeling the let down after all the fun!

I often get down thinking about what I want that must not be in my plan (or at least in my desired time table). So it would be great for me to take a lesson from you and be thankful for what I do have! I wish I could say that I've never had a cavity! I've been blessed to always have my needs met.

Tara said...

P.S. love the pictures! Those dinosaur lamps look really awesome.

Parkside View said...

I don't think the air quality (or lack thereof) helps in overcoming the January "blahs" but looking at your cute pictures made me smile. Thanks for the pick-me-up-post :)

Becky said...

really - not a cavity in your LIFE? WOW! Awesome dental hygiene & lucky! I'll envy you next time I'm in the dentist chair.

Amber said...

I was listening to the Wicked cd the other day. and I was thinking how much fun it was when we went! Oh, I miss ya girl!

Joy said...

What a great post! Yeah, the air quality puts a damper on things like going to the freezing cold park just to survive the day with active boys! I can't believe you've never had a cavity. I'm jealous (I love candy way too much)... And I've never seen Wicked so I'm jealous of that, too. :) Just a question: Why have we never, ever gotten together for a play date? Maybe because you already have a neighborhood of fun boys right there... But I think Chase would love your boys. Let's play soon!

Lindy said...

Can Paul get me a dinosaur lamp, too?