Monday, February 8, 2010

who blogs about a new fridge??

I DO!! My mother in law got me a new fridge for my birthday and I was super happy. Our old one was the one we inherited with the house when we bought it. Right from the beginning we figured there was a reason why the previous owners left it for us. It leaked water out all over the place and warped the hard wood flooring there. It would make the most outrageous CLUNK noise when it would turn off. The door got stuck when you tried to open it and the condiment tray thing on the side door was all beat up and bent.
So my mother in law gave me some birthday money for a new fridge and I went and picked one out. Greg was working all day and gave me free reign on picking one out. So my brother and I went to Sears and got a nice looking one. I had done some homework and online shopping before we set out. I decided that I didn't want to pay the delivery fee from Sears so I took all the seats out of my van and the nice men loaded it in on its side. Apparently, this was NOT recommended, but I was willing to take the risk. I borrowed my neighbor's appliance dolly and my brother and I hauled the thing in the house. All the doors and handles and drawers had to be removed before it would fit through my front door. The guy at the Sears store told me to leave it upright and unplugged for 24 hours since it had ridden home on its side. Something about the oil in the compressor and the pump needed to settle back down for 24 hrs. Greg and I got it all plugged in and the water line hooked up (actually I sat on the counter and handed Greg some tools and would occasionally make helpful comments...)
So in short, new fridge! Thank you Patrice for the beautiful birthday gift!!
The old clunker will live in the garage as an outside fridge until we decide it's not meant for anything except the trash. If the water line isn't connected to it in the garage, hopefully it won't leak all over like it does now.


OLD

OLD

NEW

NEW

7 comments:

Parkside View said...

Yeah, our oven and fridge are kinda like that. And I will blog about it when they get replaced, too. I'm loving your new fridge it looks amazing!

Tara said...

Wowsers, your mother-in-law is so generous! What a wonderful birthday gift!

Joy said...

Wow, so pretty! Now you'll have to go out and get all stainless steel appliances. ;) Looks like a good choice!

jandjaponte said...

She's a beauty!! Looks like what I envision in my home someday.

Amber said...

How do you like the freezer on the bottom? We are in the market for a new one.Im worried my boys would pull open the freezer and my ice cream would be chocolate milk or on the floor 1/2 eaten.
And I suck! Happy Belated Birthday!

Tami said...

I skimmed your pics to see your house. So cute. I love the colors. OHHHHH do I remember!!!!! That was hilarious! Oh the memories. lol

Lindy said...

Wow! Nothing wimpy about that fridge--and getting to pick it out yourself! Awesome.