Friday, February 26, 2010

What's been going on lately? Not much


I've sort of fallen off the blogging bandwagon lately. Several things are responsible...the Olympics, family sickness, lack of things going on in our lives that's worth blogging about..
I absolutely LOVE the Olympics. Particularly winter Olympics. I have been glued to the TV every night watching the games. Once upon a time I considered myself a pretty good skier so I love watching all the skiing events. There's just something about pulling the world together to compete that just seems so great to me. Despite the garbage going on in the world, I love it when the best of the best of these countries come together and share in the games.

Greg and I have both been recovering from pretty awful colds. Or whatever they are. Coughing, horrible sinus infections, fevers, muscle aches..It's not been fun. I think the kids for the most part escaped it. Nathan was a little sickly so I've kept him out of preschool for a couple days, but I think we're finally on the mend.
I was in my room trying to have a short cat nap when I heard a crash. I found David in a pile of DVDs. So much for trying to rest while I'm sick with a one year old around. We have WAY too many movies.


Today all the first grade kids were asked to dress up as their favorite character from a book and take that book to school with them. We've known about this for a few weeks, but Andrew had a really hard time deciding what he wanted to do. He sort of thought it was like Halloween and was asking to be all sorts of things that we didn't have a book to go with. So I made him sit down in front of the bookshelf in his room and choose someone from a book that we actually had. He didn't want to do anything and got a little stubborn. (probably because we don't have a Darth Vadar book). So I encouraged him to be a Sneetch from Dr. Seuss. It took a little persuading. And our last minute costume wasn't the greatest, but oh well. He didn't have a yellow t-shirt so I went out last night and found him a cheap, yellow tee at Walmart. Found a green star in Word's clip art, cut it out and taped it up to "laminate" it.



1 comment:

Parkside View said...

That turned out to be a very clever costume that was probably without the "wardrobe malfunctions" that accompianied Brevin's costume. He called me from the school about noon asking me to bring him a different pair of pants because the baseball pants he was wearing (which were too big) got a knot in the drawstring so he couldn't tighten them very well, and they were falling down all morning.