Monday, May 30, 2011

Summer Has Arrived!

Or at least the end of the school year has arrived. We are still turning on the heat in our house and wearing long sleeves. Too much rain and chilly weather for the end of May..It's been odd.
Andrew and Nathan successfully ended their school years last week and Summer vacation has officially started. I'm home with all the munchkins all day and the house isn't as clean or quiet as it had been during the school year. Ah well, we adapt and move forward. I have initiated a summer chore/routine/schedule for the boys that is new this year. And I hope we can stick to it. I borrowed the program from my friend Amber and after tweaking it slightly to accommodate our family, we dove right in. The kids earn fun bucks by doing their daily routines and chores and then they can cash them in for various rewards and activities. So far, so good.

I've entered the extremely awkward third trimester and have (for the first time) experienced swollen ankles and hands. I never had that with past pregnancies and I'm dismayed to find I can't wear my rings and my ankles and feet are fat and puffy. I took off my wedding ring to go swimming a couple weeks ago and have not been able to get it back on since. Seriously. My fingers are sausage fingers and I hate not being able to wear my rings. I lathered up my hands with lotion and tried my hardest to squeeze my ring on. My finger turned purple and I tore some skin off trying to pull it back off. I'm probably just being a dork, but I don't like being without my ring while I'm so obviously pregnant. (What must people think...?)
Friends have given me lots of girl things already and I'm getting excited about this big change coming our way soon. My friend Tara made me the most beautiful quilt. She is a master seamstress and quilter and I have (secretly) longed for one of her quilts for years and she gave me a beautiful one for our baby. I was thrilled! I've accumulated lots of pink in the last couple weeks from my sister and friends passing on their girl clothes. It's becoming more and more real every day.

We celebrated David's third birthday last week. I've been so exhausted and, frankly, irritable with this pregnancy, that all I could manage was some store bought cupcakes and a very unheralded birthday party before Greg had to leave for work on David's birthday. We've introduced the boys to Duck Tales and they are completely infatuated. My brother burned us a DVD of some old Duck Tale episodes. They watched it over and over and over. David in particular absolute loves Scrooge McDuck and the Beagle Boys. So we did the job right and got David all three complete seasons of Duck Tales for his birthday. Grandma sent him some helicopters in the mail and he has no idea that he got a lame birthday this year. He couldn't be more excited with his gifts.

Andrew began his second year of Coach Pitch baseball on a city team and Nathan started T-Ball. We're happy to have friends from the ward on both the boys' teams and they are excited about the upcoming season starting soon. This should keep them busy and happy. For the month of June, anyway.

So for now, that's what we are up to!






Random picture slipped in here. We climbed the mountain up to the white lime pit a few days ago.

4 comments:

Paul said...

I love how he's so happy his face is just about to break open.

jandjaponte said...

What a happy birthday boy! So cute.

katie said...

I love your blog. Your boys are so cute!!! I'm so excited that your baby will get THREE big brothers! Lucky little girl!

As for the ring, people with think that your pregnant and your joints are swollen:) I haven't been able to wear my ring since I was preggo with Sophia!

Oh, and send me your chore chart! You're so organized.

Love ya! Can't wait to meet that new baby!

Parkside View said...

I loved Duck Tales when I was a kid. "Life is like a hurricane, here in Duckburg." Doesn't that sound like they were talking about mothering a three year-old? Man David looks so grown up all of a sudden!