Saturday, July 30, 2011

Mom and Me

I totally stole this idea from a friend of mine. So Sarah, if you're reading, thanks for the idea.
I had been thinking of something that I could do with each of my kids individually before our baby comes. Just kind of a special one on one time with each of them before our household completely changes. Cause lets face it, babies get all the priority, all the new gifts, all the attention for the first little while.
So after stealing this idea from my friend's blog, we went for it. I had each kid write down something that they wanted that started with each letter of their name. The rules were: only one candy item and one of the items had to be a healthy snack. So one at a time, I took the kids to the store and let them choose to their little heart's content. I did put a price limit on the adventure and steered them away from completely ridiculous things that I wouldn't even get them for Christmas. It was a fun time with each kid and they were confused, but thrilled, that Mom was letting them pick out stuff at the store like it was a free for all. Yes, I basically wrote David's for him, but he's not complaining with the results.


DAVID - Dart Gun, Animal, Vegetable, Ice Cream, and DVD rental from red box.


NATHAN - Neccos (candies) Animal, T-Shirt, Hat, Apples, Nerf Gun

ANDREW - Animal, Nerf Gun, DVD, Ring Pop, Eye Wear (sunglasses) and Watermelon.

3 comments:

Becky Tuft said...

That is such a cute idea. I love it. And really...could your kids be any cuter!

Parkside View said...

What's the "animal" they all got?

I really like that idea. I'm a little late to do something like that before the household dynamics changed, but maybe it would be a fun reassurance to my boys now, because let's face it. The baby still gets all the attention! Oh, and you are such an awesome mom!

Lindy said...

Cute lucky boys! Good job Mommy Karen.