Thursday, December 1, 2011

Holidays and a Baby Girl

I neglected to take a single picture of our Thanksgiving. We went to Idaho and spent it with my family. My sister and her family and my brother and his family all met at my parents house where we celebrated our Thanksgiving on Friday instead of Thursday (due to traveling schedules, etc). My parents are temple workers on Friday mornings in the Twin Falls temple, so while they were gone Friday morning the rest of us at the house got busy in the kitchen to come up with our delicious feast. It seriously was so good and I over indulged in the worst way possible. I'm not even sorry. It was so worth it. It was so fun to be with family and all the millions of grandchildren. The noise level in the house was unreal and I'm sure my parents were happy to see several sets of tail lights drive down the road, but we had a lovely time while we were together.
Our family tradition is to put up the Christmas Tree and decorations as soon as Thanksgiving is over and that's what we did. Greg and I realized that several strings of our house lights are dead and unusable from last year, so that will be a project for another day, but we did get the tree up and the kids were happy to help hang ornaments and set out nativities. This is such a magical time of year and my heart is full as I count my blessings and realize how much we have.

Notice the baby under the tree. She LOVES to stare at the tree.

I also have been negligent in posting pics and growth updates and info about our baby girl. It's because I can't bear to see her grow up. She's been the sweetest angel and our family has grown together so much because of her sweet little spirit. Her favorite thing in the world is still her mama. And I must say that I love this. I will drop anything and everything to go snuggle with her or sometimes just watch her sleep. I love being the one that can get her to smile the most or do her belly laughs when she's in a particularly good mood. And I also love that I'm usually the one that she'll stop crying for. Poor Greg. But he understands.
99% of her awake time is spent sucking on her hands. She spits the binkie out every time in favor of her fists and fingers. Might be teething, who knows. But she'll suck on her fingers and her fist if she can manage it. Even if I swaddle her up in a blanket just to get her hands away from her mouth, she'll struggle and wiggle and worm her little hands out to get them up to her mouth. Silly girl.
She is laughing right out loud if something strikes her as funny. It's the most precious sound in the world and the whole family stops and comes running when she's laughing. She's a chubby girl who still loves to eat. Her cheeks are droopy and kissable and perfect.
What a blessing she has been in our lives and we love her more than words can say!






4 comments:

Tara said...

Our poor babies were just babies for Halloween - nothing no face paint. Maybe next year. I was wishing Halloween was a few more weeks away but oh well. On to the next holiday.

Elizabeth is darling. I love the picture with the crazy eye and tongue sticking out. Cute, cute, cute! And oh that hair - how fun! Our babies are still bald as can be and I'm wondering when they'll grow some? :)

katie said...

Oh, Karen, she is SO cute! I'm glad she's mama's girl:) Loved reading about your little family and wish we could come and see you sooner!

Parkside View said...

She's just perfect!

Lindy said...

So so cute! I love the cute baby. What a fun girl. She is adorable. Too bad we never saw you at Thanksgiving, but we waved to your van!