Thursday, July 26, 2012

Cub Day Camp

I recently got to attend Cub Day Camp with the scouts in my ward. It was a first for me. Greg is our ward's Cubmaster and I sort of got volunteered to go be an adult leader. But Andrew was there and it was fun to go with him. Camp Jeremiah Johnson is so well organized. That was the first thing that impressed me. They certainly have the system down for organizing and moving hoards of little boys around their camp. And the staff was top notch. It was a fun experience. We shot bow and arrows, target practiced with BB guns, paddled rafts on the lake, made pioneer ropes, played Indian games, made a TeePee, played lacrosse, pulled a handcart up a mountain trail, panned for gold, and watched skits put on by the staff.
Scouting is such an admirable program and I've learned to love it. I was intimidated in the beginning but knowing that I had three sons to put through the program helped changed my attitude. I never paid much attention to Scouting as I was growing up with my brothers. That was their thing. But now that I'm the mother of my own boys I've come to respect and admire this amazing organization.

No comments: