Friday, August 24, 2012

Lagoon

We promised the kids we'd do Lagoon this summer and it just never happened. We had baseball for so long that took up most of our free nights. And, of course, we had to coordinate around Greg's work schedule. But school started and the kids were quick to remind me that I hadn't made good on my promise. Greg, very coincidentally, brought home a Walgreen's Employee discount pass for Lagoon. It allowed 8 people to get into Lagoon at half off prices. So we called up our friends Sara and Richard and invited them to come along. We actually had 10 people in our group, but we didn't count our 2 babies. So we all got in for half the price. Now I do like Lagoon a lot, but I mean come on! Who do they think they are, Disneyland?? They charge so much. I remember when I was a kid you could get in for $12 with a can of Coke. Anyway, we went. On a school night. We picked the kids up from school on Wednesday and headed north straight from there. We got there around 3:30 and met up with the Haralsons and had a fun day. I was trying my hardest to convince the older boys to do some more adventurous rides with me, like Wicked and Colossus. But they were not up for it. STILL! I certainly have cautious kids when it comes to amusement parks. Now, ride down the hill of our street with no hands on the handle bars or trying to stand up on the seat all without a helmet seems to be no problem for them. So we spent a good chunk of the day doing the kiddie rides, much to my annoyance. But finally Sara and I had had enough and left the kids with Daddies and went for some fun. Thanks for coming Haralsons!
Candid moments with Sara and Richard.
Greg trying to convince Nathan that "The Bat" isn't as bad as he thinks.

No comments: