Sunday, June 21, 2009

Grandma Carol

Greg's sweet Grandma Carol passed away last week and we attended her funeral this weekend in Sugar City. Greg and I have been married for 7 years and I only got to know her for that short amount of time, but I count myself blessed to have been part of her life. She had the purest heart and kindest nature about her. And she adored my boys. It's been an interesting experience talking about death with my children, especially about someone close to us who they knew and can clearly remember. I hope they always can remember her. The first questions that Andrew, my oldest, started having about death was when we watched President Hinckley's funeral on TV. We talked a lot about how the body waits here on earth, while the spirit goes on to heaven and someday they'll be reunited again. So when we told him that Grandma Carol had passed away, he asked me if she took an airplane to get to heaven and how soon would she be back.
It seems like whenever someone dies I'm always so much more aware and grateful for the Plan of Salvation. I'm so grateful for the knowledge and testimony that I have that we will be with our loved ones again. And yes, it's always a sad thing to say good bye for now, but how much worse would it be if we didn't have the eternal promise of forever families?
The funeral service was beautiful and I was so glad that we were able to be there. We had gone to see her and said good bye to her while she was still with us. She passed away the same day we left to go home and we were so grateful to have that last chance to tell her we loved her.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Wilding family, so sorry for your loss. It sounds like she was an amazing lady. I think Andrew's question was very sweet.