Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Happiest Place on Earth!

We recently returned from our family vacation to California. My two fears were that it would be super hot and that it would be too crowded at Disneyland. Neither one happened. We spent a day at Huntington Beach, but left the camera in the car. So no pics there. After that we checked into the Disneyland Hotel (a first for us) and had 2 wonderful days at Disneyland. We got rained on the first day, but really I didn't care. Much better than being hot. And it wasn't too crowded. I think the longest we had to wait in a line was 35 minutes for Tower of Terror. I had talked to my friend Danielle and she told me she had taken her 2 boys on that ride, so I thought Andrew could handle it. I didn't tell him much about the ride other than it would make his tummy feel funny. He HATED it. He cried real sobbing tears the whole time and screamed like a banshee. But then so did just about everyone on the ride. I bribed him to stay in line with me by saying I'd buy him a Captain Jack sword. The poor guy will never trust me again. After that ride all he would do were the rides he could see all of, such as teacups or dumbo. After leaving Disneyland we caught a Dodger's game in LA. All in all it was a wonderful trip. I got to have a quick chat with my 2 good friends Amber and Danielle and see how their cute families are growing. Good to see you, gals!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Awesome! Glad you had a great trip! Yeah, I'm with Andrew - I don't think I'll ride the Tower of Terror again. Hope you can 'rebuild' the trust again ;)

Paul said...

Hello.