Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of School!

Andrew started school last week on the 19th. He is in first grade now and was so excited for school to start he practically yanked me out the door the first morning to get there. When we he got home that afternoon he said "That was Long!" Going from half day kindergarten to full day first grade was a big jump. But he was so excited, it was adorable. I have lots of friends and family members who say that sending their little one off to school for the first time is always hard and expect to shed some tears, etc etc. I honestly felt the opposite. I want him to go and make new friends, learn to be a good student, and have a good time. I have 2 more at home that I can now focus more time on. Especially my middle guy, Nathan. Being the middle child I sometimes feel he gets over looked. I'm always dealing with the baby and his needs and Andrew gets to do everything first being the oldest. I am really looking forward to having some more Nathan time. I think he needs it.
He'll start a little preschool in September for a couple mornings a week. I think he's felt left out and he is excited for his school starting soon. Now if only the summer heat would go away and we'd move into the Fall (my favorite time of year), life would just about be perfect.



3 comments:

Tara said...

How cute! I'm one of those moms that would cry.... just because I already get teary-eyed as Gage is developing, getting older, and doing more things on his own. Its fun to celebrate with him - I just get paranoid thinking this might be my only baby and he's growing up way too fast.

Parkside View said...

I think I will start crying when they graduate. That's when I will feel old!

I'm so glad you found my blog and, therefore, I found yours. It's amazing how much you realize you didn't know about what is going on in your friend's lives until you read a post (about wall paper removal and having your ceiling cave in due to water damage). I mean, who knew? I never heard you complain about any of that stuff. I would have!

Amber said...

Wow, first grade. They grow so fast