Sunday, August 30, 2009

Soccer and the Y

Andrew started soccer this last week. He's had two games so far and seems to like it pretty well. He doesn't get the chance to kick the ball very much. The coach seems to like to keep him back with the defense around the goal, or actually playing goalie. I think he would prefer to be on offense, but oh well. I think he liked T-ball more.
We finished our first full week of school and yesterday we decided to hike Provo's Y. Neither Greg nor I had ever done it before. My brother Paul came with us and so kindly hauled up David in the backpack. There was no way I could have carried him. I was concentrating on one foot in front of the other and not passing out. It sure was a steep hike! But totally worth it. The view was beautiful. We got up there just at sunset. And a fun family memory, too.








3 comments:

Amber said...

Cute picts at the Y. Looks like Andrew is becoming a real athlete.

Parkside View said...

Oh, and once you hike the "Y" your perspective of it changes completely. When you see it as you're driving through Provo or on the freeway, it looks like it is much higher up on the mountain than you ever noticed before, and you realize why it was such a challenging hike in the first place. At least, that's been my experience. I would love to go at sunset, though. That would be awesome!

Tara said...

I don't think I'd be a good goalie - that takes some skill (I'd be afraid to get nailed with the ball)! Looks like a fun hike!