Sunday, September 20, 2009

Up, up, up, and more up

Yesterday we went for a family hike up to the Timpanogos Caves. I had been long ago as a kid and remembered it being really cool. So we took our boys and the ever helpful Uncle Paul and up we went. It took about an hour to get up to the cave on foot, then maybe a half an hour guided tour through. Very beautiful up there. The boys did great. The trail gets awfully steep in some parts, but the whole thing was paved and you can rest all along the way. After the hike we went to the first BYU home game at LaVell Edwards Stadium and watched them lose spectacularly to Florida State. It was painful. We usually park pretty far away from the stadium so we don't get stuck in the horrible traffic crunch getting away, but we have to hoof it for a long distance to and from the game and after our hike that morning, I was pretty beat. But it was still a fun day.









4 comments:

jandjaponte said...

Way to go! Sounds like fun. I, all of a sudden, am a big advocate for local site seeing. So often we live places and never explore the attractions around us.

Paul said...

I'm the big one (on the left).

Tara said...

Sounds like a great outing... haven't done that yet. Sorry about the big loss! Owch. :(

Parkside View said...

That is a great hike and the tour is quite interesting, too. I haven't done that one since Brevin was in the backpack carrier, though. I think I should go again now that our boys would really enjoy it.

(And I'm glad I chose to work on and finish the ward cookbook insted of watching the game. That would have been too frustrating for me to witness in real time. Watching the highlights-or lowlights- was painful enough!)