Saturday, August 14, 2010

Summer is winding down...

I can't believe school starts in less than two weeks. It's gone by fast. We got the boys all registered for school and they are excited about their teachers and upcoming year. I am also looking forward to the start of the school year. It's been a tough summer for Mom....
I took the boys up to Idaho this past week to attend a funeral of my aunt and to spend some time with Grandma and Grandpa. We drove up the mountain to Lake Cleveland and spent a while throwing rocks in the lake and hiking around a bit. We brought a picnic and had a good time. Believe it or not, it was pretty cold up in the mountains and the boys were chilly and complaining most of the time. So we didn't stay long up there.
Today the BYU football team was holding a scrimmage in the stadium so we took our boys to go check out this year's upcoming team. They look pretty good and we're hopeful they have a good year despite losing some star seniors last year.






Beautiful scenic over look up Mt. Harrison in Idaho.

Getting this cute kid ready for a lifetime of sports ahead of him..


We ran into our friends, Brevin and Spencer, at the game!


Poor Nathan got stung by a bee on his calf just as the scrimmage was ending and we were packing up to go. Not fun. He didn't appreciate me making him hold still and let me take a picture of it, but he'll survive. I didn't find a stinger, so I think he's okay.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I love it, making him hold still for a pict! Fun summer you guys had!

Parkside View said...

I think Spencer got stung at the game too.

The pictures of Idaho look so inviting. I love crisp mountain air!