Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to school we go!

School is here! My boys were so excited to start the new school year. Can you just remember that excited, nervous, funny feeling you'd get before each new school year? I hope my boys will always be excited about school and love to start a new year.
Andrew is in second grade and has a sweet teacher named Mrs. Winkel. And Nathan is starting Kindergarten with Mrs. Miner. Kindergarten started a week later than the older grades, so Andrew just finished his first week while Nathan left today for his first day. Nathan has always been a clingy Mama's boy and I was worried about him all day. But he came home so excited and bursting to tell me all, I quickly lost my worries for him. He's going to be fine. And Andrew has so wonderfully stepped into the role of protective older brother. He has explained all the ins and outs of the school and what certain procedures are. He loves having this moment of superiority to show off his knowledge and skills with his little brother. He's being super sweet about it, though. I love to see my kids chatter excitedly to each other and help each other out.





2 comments:

Parkside View said...

It was so fun to pick them all up after the first day. Having a car full of boys excited to talk about their day at school made me smile. You can totally tell that Andrew is on the lookout for Nathan. It's awesome!

Joy said...

Ah I love it! "Big Brother-ness" is so cute. I've heard of both of those teachers, and that they're awesome. Sounds like a fun time of life for your boys (but not quite as much fun for David, being home without his bros)!