Thursday, August 11, 2011

3 days and counting...


My C is scheduled for this coming Sunday at 7:30am. I am more than ready. But at the same time, apprehensive. I HATE hospitals. I HATE, HATE needles even more than hospitals. And I HATE IVs more than anything else on this earth. And that includes spiders. And I really HATE spiders. I've even got David my three year old trained to kill spiders in the house. He just grabs a wad of toilet paper and snatches the little beast up and throws it in the toilet. With our last baby I was so nervous about the IV that my veins collapsed because of my racing heart and blood pressure. The nurse could not get my IV started and she took a hit to her nursing skills ego because she said she's never once in 20 years been unable to start an IV on a patient. Too bad. She hadn't met me. So I've been mentally preparing myself for the drama that I turn into when faced with an IV. I know I should just grow up and get over this mental block, but it's what I dread even more than under going a major surgery like a C Section.

Anyway, we've got family coming to town, lots of pink stuff around the house, and the bassinet and crib all set up and ready to go. We're ready and just hours away!

3 comments:

Tara said...

So exciting!! (that you're 3 days away)

I can understand your fear of spiders but IVs I guess I have a different perspective.... both pregnancies IVs have literally saved me from wasting away. Thus, I enjoy them although yes it is uncomfortable to get poked. So I hope you have a much better experience this time. Tell yourself, I'm a tough cookie and yes I can do this!!! Then reward yourself with something BIG if it goes well :)

We'll be thinking of you and hoping your C section goes well.... and of course we're just planning on a cute, healthy baby girl :)

Amber said...

Awesome, cant wait to see picts!!! I agree, IV's are horrid! Really in this day and age there isnt a better device, or less painful??
GOOD LUCK!!!

Tami said...

Congrats! I saw a picture of her on facebook, she is BEAUTIFUL! Glad you got your little girl.