Thursday, September 15, 2011

One Month????

It is GROSSLY unfair how the last month of pregnancy drags and is quite possibly the longest 30 days of one's life. And then as soon as the baby is here, the exact same amount of time flies by in the blink of an eye. I was stunned when I looked at the calendar and realized Elizabeth is one month old. I got weepy and sad as I saw she isn't fitting into her newborn sized clothes anymore. She is putting on baby chub like she's preparing for a long winter of hibernating. Her favorite thing to do is EAT! Her cheeks change size daily and are now drooping down to her shoulders. But chubby babies are straight from heaven and I love every roll and extra chin. She's certainly very kissable.
She is a pretty good night time sleeper. Usually up twice to eat, then goes right back to sleep. Last night however, I put her to bed around 10:30 and she didn't wake up until 5:00. I call that sleeping through the night. At least sleeping through ONE night so far.
Her big brothers rush home from school so they can hold her and kiss her. The novelty of a new sister has not worn off and they adore her.




My brother and his wife had their baby nine days before us. Here's grandpa with 2 sweethearts.



Don't be fooled. She hates the bottle and can't figure it out. She looks like she was drinking in this picture, but she wasn't sucking. That was in between screams. We'll keep practicing.

3 comments:

Tara said...

She's looking totally cute and wow - cannot believe it has been a month. I'm with you - I have 4 weeks later until I'm scheduled and this seems like the longest time ever. Love that picture of her doozing in her adorable dress. How precious! She's a lucky one to have older brothers who dote on her.

Joy said...

She's so beautiful! Glad all the boys at home adore her too. I can't wait 'til all these cute little girls from church are running around together.

Lindy said...

Agreed. Post-birth is definitely faster than pre-birth. She is so sweet!