Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow


The other day Greg and I were watching Sense and Sensibility. Yes, I can occasionally get Greg to watch Jane Austen with me. Anyway, there's this scene where Mr. Willoughby cuts off a lock of Marianne's hair and kisses it and then folds it up in a handkerchief. Apparently back in those times that was a BIG deal. Like they were now engaged or something, because it was such an intimate gesture. So in a teasing manner, I turned to Greg and asked him why he had never asked me for a lock of hair. He replied: "Because I can always go scoop some up off the bathroom floor, or pull some out of the shower drain." Such a romantic, that guy. I have long hair. Yes, it falls out and clogs up drains. Yes, it gets in my face and bothers me. And yes, it ends up in a sloppy ponytail most days to get it out of the way. Today I went to the salon and had them cut off more than a foot!! WHOA!! Now I have a very short bob and am absolutely shocked at my impulse decision.

6 comments:

Tara said...

need to see a picture! sounds like you have sassy hair!

Parkside View said...

But does he kiss it after he scoops it up off the bathroom floor? Now that would be a sign of a true romantic
!

Now I can't wait to get a peek at your hair!

jandjaponte said...

Romanticness (is that a word?) does not run in our family. Sorry :(. I want to see a picture too.

Becky said...

Can we get some pictures on here?

I have the same problem with my hair. But whether it's long or short, it's everywhere in the bathroom. That's why I hate cleaning the bathroom the worst (because most of the mess is mine).

Joy said...

This post was hilarious! Love it. Hope to see your hair soon, if I can even recognize you! I'm sure it looks adorable. Sometimes a new haircut can be very refreshing and rejuvenating!

Pace said...

Joy always balls it up and sticks it to the shower wall (how does it stick there?)... a unique surprise when I hop in the next morning.