Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Trick or Treating and Goodbyes

We survived Halloween. Nathan was sick and coughed the whole time we were out and I probably made it worse by letting him go. But who can deny their kid trick or treating? We went up and down our street and then the street behind us and called it good. The boys having been planning their costumes for months it seems like and we finally settled on Star Wars. We found great, inexpensive costumes at Target and they were thrilled. I especially love Yoda.
We've had a very sad thing happen in our neighborhood. My kids' best friends just moved away yesterday. This has been EXTREMELY difficult for Andrew, especially. When we moved here about a year and few months ago, these neighbor boys became our instant best friends. They lived directly across the street and it was the most convenient, perfect situation we could have asked for. Andrew has cried almost every night for the few weeks leading up to their move. He's a very tenderhearted guy and it's not difficult to start the water works with him. But it's been breaking my heart as a parent to see him so sad. The silver lining in all this is that the family moved to the same town that Greg's parents live in. So when we go visit them, we'll be able to drop in on our friends. That's been the only positive thing we can take away from this. They were awesome neighbors, good friends, and they will be sorely missed!




Not a Happy Yoda



Now a Happy Yoda



Best Friends, the Taylor boys.

3 comments:

Parkside View said...

I love the happy and sad Yoda pictures. Those made me chuckle!

Joy said...

That's so heart-wrenching! I didn't realize what a bond your boys had with the Taylors. They are a great family-- we'll miss them, too!

Tami said...

Hey, I was excited to see you commented. I lost your blog address. Will you e-mail me the address again so I can save it in my friends. By the way. THe boy costumes don't surprise me one bit. Those pictures are you totally. Way cute.