Thursday, July 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Andrew!

Watch Out!





Cake and Ice Cream








Look at those handsome guys! Andrew turned six today and this was the first year I let him have a "friends" party. Boy oh boy was he excited. A few more kids showed up after this picture was taken, so there were 8 buddies altogether. We had cake and ice cream right off the bat, then presents, then they spent a lot of time on the slip-n-slide in the yard. Until it started to rain... Then they came in and we played the Wii and watched a movie. I'm a big believer in low-key parties. I think you can totally "over birthday" kids. You're not doing them any favors by hyping it up so much that that's all they expect for every birthday. That's part of the reason why I waited to do a friends party. So nothing more glamorous than the slip-n-slide in the yard and a few turns on the Wii. And those boys had more fun than I can even say. I don't know if any of you read that church news article that came out awhile ago about people throwing way too extravagant birthdays, but it captured my feelings exactly.

I can't believe Andrew is six! And I'll be sending him off to first grade next year. I love you, Andrew! You're a shining, bright spot in my life and you make me so happy!





2 comments:

Tara said...

Happy belated Birthday, Andrew! Wow, that party looks like loads of fun. I love the 'muscle man' picture.

Amber said...

AMEN! Is all I really need to say. Hope he had a nice day. It sure looks like he did.