Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Summer is Gone!

Oh summer. Where have you gone. I just looked at the calendar and realized that I register Andrew for school tomorrow and then he starts August 19th. We've been so busy doing little projects and having Nathan's birthday, time has slipped by. The previous owners of this house had a huge chunk of lawn set aside for a vegetable garden. I don't garden. I've never had the desire to garden. I have no problem buying my vegetables from the grocery store. Anyway, we let it die and it soon became over run with weeds that were taller than I am. So finally (after almost living here for a year) we got around to cleaning it out. We got our shears and shovel and went to work. I didn't get a before picture, but here is an after. We also had Nathan's birthday a few days ago. He is now four, the little pumpkin. We went to Costco to get him a birthday cake and wouldn't you know it, they didn't have any. So he chose a "Golf" Cake. He was so delighted with it, I couldn't say no. We had a very quiet party. Just family. When he's older, I'll let him have a friends party.


One of the other projects I've been busy doing is stripping the funky wall paper from our family room. I think I posted the after pictures first, but oh well. I just didn't like it at all and we've been busy taking it all down and washing the walls. I'll paint it eventually, but for now I'm burnt out on projects. I was thinking a nice green color.






Stripping the nasty paper off.





Just writing my initials on the wall with the paper remover spray...


So that's been our busy couple of past weeks. It's been fun to have projects and things to do to make our home feel more like "ours."







2 comments:

Tara said...

Oh, the joys of home ownership! We have lived in our house for over a year and a half... and it has flown by. We had some solicitors come by the other day that were selling paintings - they walked in and thought we just moved in because our walls were so bare (yowch)! I figure I'll get to the decorating once the house is all finished... Niels is doing the basement now and has a target date for completion in September (we'll see). Then we need to move our focus to our yard and fix some tiered walls that are slowly falling down. JOYS!

Tell little man happy birthday from us!

Sarah said...

Hey Karen--


LOVE your blog, and all your clever comments! So sorry it took me forever to get over here and read all the wildness of the Wildings.

Happy birthday to your boys! Growin' like weeds, eh? sorry about your grocery store/tire blow out trip a while back. That one was a doozy.

Your house looks great--good luck with the wall paper.